They are a super tasty treat, but take a team effort to make them. This was the second or third time that we made it a family event and had a pizza roll making day. Doing all the chopping and rolling on your own is going to be a lot of work, so be sure to call in your friends/family and make it a fun day together!
3 pepperoni, chopped
2 salami, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
6 weiners, chopped
1-2 onions, chopped
2-3 lbs hamburger cooked, drain fat
1 lb bacon cooked, chopped and drain fat
3 small can pizza sauce (Kraft)
1 block mozzarella cheese, shredded
3.5 pkg. egg roll covers, 175 units (7 pkg or 350 units for a double batch)
- Combine all ingredients together in a large roaster (2 if making a double batch).
- Heat on low, until heated through. Note: this step is not necessary, but we do it to make the flavour be more consistent.
- Put fill into egg roll covers using egg whites to assemble and seal the egg roll covers. as we assemble them we put them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper for easy delivery to the deep fryer which we used outside for safety purposes but also so the house doesn’t smell like a deep fryer for weeks after!
- Cook in a deep fryer / hot oil (unico or no name vegetable oil, 4 L) for approx 3 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Let cool on cooling racks, bag (we use 10 lb plastic bags) and freeze.
- Yields approx 150-175 pizza rolls per batch
If you have any questions feel free to reach out on any of my social platforms 🙂
My shoes for that: Pizza Sneakers