We are taking a tropical turn this season and bringing the vibes of a Caribbean beach vacation, sunshine and cocktails to our very own summer inspired staycation. Making summer cocktails at home is incredibly simple with a few basic ingredients that go a long way.
I am very thankful Alcool NB Liquor has made shopping even easier and safer recently! Curb-side pick up is now available at select Alcool NB Liquor locations in New Brunswick. It is very simple to place an order that will be ready the next day for you to pick up and the best part is when you arrive at your selected Alcool NB Liquor location you do not need to get out of your vehicle, you do not have to touch anything or anyone and can be safely on your way home to enjoy your summer inspired staycation in only a few minutes.
You can make your NEXT DAY Curb-side pick up order in 6 simple steps:
- Visit ANBL.com to browse product catalogue.
- Call 1-877-779-7878, option 1, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Have your order (product name & size) and credit card, Debit VISA or Debit Master Card information ready.
- An ANBL team member will take your info and provide your time and location for NEXT DAY pickup.
- Park in one of the designated pick-up spaces outside of the store at the scheduled pickup time. (Please remember your photo ID and order number!)
- Call the phone number on the sign to advise you are there to pick up your order.
- An ANBL team member will bring your order out, check ID and place order in your car.
When I think of summer flavours I automatically default to adjectives like fruity, fresh, light, sweet and refreshing. Using three flavours of Smirnoff Infusions: Watermelon & Mint, Cucumber & Lime and Strawberry & Rose I created three cocktail recipes I hope you will enjoy.
Slice of Summer
When you look at this cocktail what flavours do you assume? Lemon possibly? Maybe pineapple? My favorite thing about this cocktail recipe is how it surprises you when you taste it. Kind of like when you see a cake that looks like a real piece of pizza, but when you take a bite your mind is thrown off because you were expecting pizza but got chocolate cake. This cocktail does exactly that awakening the senses and surprising the brain.
The recipe includes pineapple juice, which is what gives the yellow colouring, but gives a delightful watermelon flavour that is largely unexpected. The pink lemonade sparkling beverage, pineapple juice and Smirnoff Infusions Watermelon & Mint flavoured vodka blend together to create a delicious slice of summer in a glass.
“Slice of Summer” Recipe
- 1 part Smirnoff Infusions Watermelon & Mint naturally flavoured vodka
- 2 parts Pink Lemonade Sparkling Beverage (I used PC Black Label brand)
- 1/3 part Pineapple Juice
Add watermelon and mint leaves to a pitcher then top with cocktail ingredients. Garnish with an orange peel curl and a mint leaf.
I love cucumber water for both the taste and anti-inflammatory benefits, but this is certainly the first time I have ever tried to incorporate flavours that made a very light cucumber flavour stand out. I decided on crushed strawberries and club soda to ensure the cucumber and lime didn’t get overpowered but also to ensure the cocktail had a refreshing taste regular water and cucumber has.
“Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons”
This recipe took me several tries and a few really terrible attempts to get it right. This, my friend, is the most refreshing cocktail recipe you’ll find this summer!
“Pink Flamingo” Recipe
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
Run warm water over the strawberries to thaw the berries a bit. Puree the berries with 2 tbsp sugar to get almost a jam consistency. I used a manual food processor for this step. You will end up with enough strawberry puree for 3-4 cocktails.
- zest of 1 lime
- sugar in a bowl or plate
Rub lime juice on the rim of your glass and coat with sugar and lime zest. Once the glass has been prepared add 2 tbsp of the strawberry puree.
- Add 1 ounce Cucumber & Lime Smirnoff Infusions naturally flavoured vodka
- Top the cocktail with club soda
- Finish with the juice of 1 lime wedge and ice
Mix gently and enjoy!
Picture yourself in the backyard. The Barbecue has your favorite meal filling the air with aromas of summertime. It’s a hot day, the kind that calls for a cold treat.
Let me do one even better… You can most certainly enjoy this cocktail recipe in a glass by simply mixing 1/2 parts Strawberry & Rose Smirnoff Infusions to 1 part lemonade and garnishing the beverage with a strawberry, but what about enjoying the combination as a popsicle? Strawberry Bliss Pops are the perfect low calorie treat for the summer.
“Strawberry Bliss” Pops Recipe
- Combine 2-3 blueberries and a slice of strawberry in a popsicle mold.
- Add 1/2 ounce of Smirnoff Infusions Strawberry & Rose naturally flavoured vodka
- Top the mold with lemonade
- Put in the freezer until frozen (approximately 4 hours or 10 minutes if using a Quicksicle maker)
To enjoy a Strawberry Bliss cocktail follow the same recipe only use a glass instead of the popsicle mold and top with ice.
Don’t forget to PIN THIS POST and if you make any of these cocktail recipes, be sure to tag your photo @theresashoeforthat on Instagram / Facebook and use the hashtag #theresashoeforthat – Enjoy every sip!