Before I started blogging I had never heard of choosing a “word of the year”, but without me knowing there was this whole world of people who were thinking about their year intentionally and setting out a theme that was not necessarily attached to goals.
I have always been one to set lofty goals that are not the most realistic and to be honest the goals are more things I think I should have as goals vs things I want to have as goals. I have taken different approached to this over the years (2019 was a pretty good example), but for 2021 I am taking a different approach entirely.
I am looking at everything from the perspective of having fun. Going back to the basics and thinking about each item, activity or “goal” with fun in mind… I always say “well, I better do this” or “I have to do this in order to…” but I have come to realize I am not making time or making the fun things a priority. I went back to basics and made a list of FUN things that are very attainable and that I want to do but either have not done or want to do more of. In 2021 of course I fully intend to work, but am putting my best effort forward to “work to live not live to work”.
21 FUN THINGS IN 2021
- Eat at Fresco
- Walk French Fort Cove
- Spa Day
- Dig Clams
- Make a Sugar Strap Cake
- Go for Ice Cream at Bon Ami Laitier
- Be in two places at once
- Staycation (again, because I love a good staycation!)
- Golf at Gowan Brae
- Make eggs benedict at home
- Hike Mount Carleton
- Go to Microbreweries (Bathurst, Maisonette, Tracadie, Miramichi)
- Watch something (get into a good series)
- Try the Gowan Brae Burger
- Have a FUN Birthday EXPERIENCE for each of us (Brad, Landon, Kate & I)
- Visit a winery
- Date Nights
- Bake Bread
- Walk some of the Nepisiguit Mi’gmaq Trail
Wishing you all the best for a safe, healthy and FUN 2021!