In preparation for the holiday season and lazy days that are sure to be laced with sweet treats I am making a list of all my favorite wines ready to pair with cookies (yes, that is a thing!!), but this got me thinking about the non-wine drinkers I will be celebrating with this season…
When you think of cookies, what do you immediately want to pair with them? If you said milk I think we can all agree you would not be alone in that thought! This led me to a milkshake, because plain milk is not near enough fun for the holidays, and of course adding a candy cane to any holiday beverage seems like “the right thing” to do.
The Candy Cane Milk Shake recipe is quite tasty, has some nutritional value but most of all will be an excellent addition to all of the holiday cookies you might be enjoying.
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Activia)
- Optional: a drop of peppermint extract
- Candy Cane (crushed)
- Candy Cane (for garnish)
- Blend together ice cream, yogurt and milk
- Add a drop of peppermint extract & mix (optional)
- Serve in your favorite holiday glass, sprinkle with crushed canes and garnish with a candy cane
What cookies are you going to eat with your Candy Cane Milk Shake?