Valentine’s Day is one of my all-time favourite DIY holidays. It might be because I have a thing for the colors pink and red, maybe it’s the allowable over use of puns and play on words or maybe it’s just the love in the air… whatever it is, I’m all about it!
Little Dude is not really into crafts that much the older he gets but I can easily get his attention by offering to let him paint something. I’m not really sure if the creativity of painting is what he likes or if he just likes making a mess, but he gets into it and is pretty good at following directions to come up with some pretty nice results (if I do say so myself). Keeping in mind that he likes to paint and that’s about it, I kept this year’s Valentine craft a painting DIY that he would have fun with.
What you need:
- Canvas or surface to paint on
- Brushes or other tools to spread paint with
- Paper (I used construction paper)
You can check out the video to see exactly what I did to prepare the canvas, Little Dude’s painting process and then the final result:
We followed these 5 simple steps:
2) Attach the paper with heart cutouts to the canvas
3) Paint the heart (on the canvas), Little Dude used glue sticks as stamps, a sponge brush I had and a paper straw to make dots
4) Let dry then remove paper creating the heart shape