Need a last minute gift ideas for the lady in your life? Don’t worry, I am here to save the day and give you 10 gift options that you can find in Bathurst, NB TODAY. That’s right, TODAY. No need for online research, ordering ahead of time or worrying about the shipment arriving when you’re not home to intercept the package. These ideas are sure to keep you out of the dog house for yet another holiday and can even help you score some major brownie points if you play your cards right.
During the Christmas season I was surprised, but also thrilled to find that some of the products I had been looking for online were available right here in the city. It is such a benefit to our economy to shop locally and support local products that I try to do so as much as I can and encourage you to do so as well.
Don’t forget to share local products, shops and services
on social media using the hashtag
Table of Contents
I received one of these as a gift recently and love it! They look super cool and are one of those little items you are unlikely to buy for yourself unless you have a reason. They are insulated wine glasses, coffee mugs or tumblers that can be found at Catherine and Company in Bathurst or Urban Nest in Miramichi.
Confiserie Andrea’s Confectionery offers an wide assortment of chocolates in beautiful packaging that is sure to please every chocolate lover. I tried the chocolate covered cashews recently and can say that it certainly will not be the last time I purchase them!
Thinking of planning a romantic getaway? Why not get the plan in motion with a new piece of luggage? Towers Jewellers has several lightweight options and if you don’t think a piece of luggage will do the trick, take some time to look around the store – of course jewelry is always a great option.
I am absolutely NOT joking here! The Mr has been buying me a new pair of shoes for special occasions for years now and of course, I absolutely LOVE it! A new pair of Blundstone boots are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face and since they are sized differently than many other shoes having them available to try on in the city is a huge bonus. Buy a pair at Daze and be sure to get a gift receipt in case she needs a different size. If Blundstone’s are not what you think is going to please the person you’re buying for there are many options also available locally at McGraw Shoes.
5) SpaYou have an opportunity to really shine here by not only buying a spa gift certificate but going the extra mile and booking the appointment for her, arranging for someone to look after the kids (if you’re not available) and making it a real treat day that she doesn’t have to plan out.
6) Stress Free Groceries to Your Door + WineSure, arranging meals might not be the most romantic thing in the world, but the thought of not having to think about what’s for dinner and having all of the ingredients delivered right to your door step sure is a nice treat! Top it off with a bottle of New Brunswick (available at Atlantic Superstore in Bathurst, NB) or Nova Scotia (available at ANBL in Bathurst, NB) wine and turn this last minute gift idea into a date night. Here is a discount code to get 40% off your first HelloFresh Box in case you decide to go this route 🙂
7) ArtFrom April to December you can find paintings and more by local artists at the Baybreeze Art Gallery. Unique pieces that have a meaning are some of the most thoughtful gifts you can purchase. Or, if you think she would like to create her own art a gift certificate for a paint night with The Tipsy Artist or The Side Door would be make for a nice night out in the future as well.
8) Auto DetailingTruthfully this might be a bit of a gift for yourself as well, but having a nice clean car (outside and in) is pretty awesome. There are several places that do great auto detailing around, like Thru-Shine Auto Detailing in Bathurst, Mazerolle’s Car Detailing and Super Auto Cleaning.
9) JewelryLet’s be honest, no-one is going to be upset that you bought them jewelry! For locally made jewelry with a unique flare you can purchase at Pure Balance Yoga, Nectar Cuisine Internationale, Chal-Baie Artisans Boutique (from April to December) and of course for a wide variety you can find many great costume jewelry options as well as fine jewelry options at Celebrite Jewellers, Towers Jewellers and Charm Diamond Centres.
10) FlowersFlowers might be a challenge the day of any “flower typical” holiday like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day, but you would be surprised what is available in store for you to choose from. Although I really like receiving flowers, opting for a plant or a potted orchid is also a great option that will last significantly longer. You can find a variety of options at L’Oasis Florist, Glendenning Flower Designs or at Grocery Stores such as Atlantic Superstore or Sobey’s if you’re in a crunch after hours.
Related Posts You Will Love